Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogs of Friends

So, there have been some people who have helped us in this journey so far so I would like to take the time to list their blogs, one I have already, but I'm going to do it again. I also have a new friend, whom I met today. God brings people together in the darnedest ways!

Anyway the first blog I am going to link is for Ted and Jodi. I knew Jodi through school. We never really hung out, but we were nice to each other when we were together. Now that Eric and I are adopting too, Jodi helps keep me sane. She also lets me talk about adoption constantly (which no one else in my life will so that in itself is huge for me)

They adopted a beautiful little girl from Columbia, and are in the process of  adopting a beautiful little boy from Hong Kong. (Well I hear he's beautiful, they aren't allowed to share the pictures yet) Please check out her blog, buy her t-shirt, donate some money. To do so click here: Ted and Jodi


Next, the woman who "brought" us to Serbia, Leah. Her blog is so informative, and she is so helpful. I would literally be lost with out her. Please check her blog out here: Leah

Lastly, I met a beautiful woman today. We happen to be selling the same shirts! I almost think God had me write the quote on our shirts for her. I'm very flattered that she loved my quote so much. It really means the world to me that my words have moved other people in the same way they move me. In any case, I think we will be able to become pretty good friends. If you would like to check out her blog, donate to her adoption, or buy her version of the shirt (They really are cool enough to have one of each! I know I'm thinking about it!) please click here: Lollygag and Dawdle

Adoption is stressful and costly, and the adoptive world is a small one. We stick together, but we really need the help from people outside the circle too. Please consider helping any family that may be adopting. You might only have a dollar, or some items to give to a garage sale or an auction, or maybe, just maybe the only thing you can give is the most important thing of all: a little prayer that their child is at least halfway safe, and their adoption goes smoothly. As someone going through this, and having only a matter of months to find $11,000 more, I can tell you ANYTHING helps. Don't feel like your gift is too small, because it's huge in our eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment