Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Application Done!

Well, I mailed off our application finally. I feel like that was a big hurdle. Eric dragged his feet a little bit, but I understand why. We are both preoccupied with different aspects of the adoption. I am worried about getting the house ready, and figuring out who our child is, how we are going to get to him or her and what they will need. While Eric, at this point, is worried about how we are going to pay for everything. (Though secretly I can tell he's excited too, he just isn't ready to show it)

I feel like things are going well so far. We had a garage sale last weekend and made almost $500. I am hoping to have a repeat this weekend. If we make that every weekend, we will have this adoption paid for in no time! Realistically though, next weekend won't make as much. My lovely niece Katrina made cookies with her other grandma and then donated the proceeds to our adoption. I might make some goodies for this one too. It was a really good idea.

I am really proud of my young nieces and nephews for being so helpful with fund raising. My oldest niece has already offered to babysit, my other niece wants to help us name the child, and my oldest nephew just wants a boy to play with. We've been speaking about it a lot so they can be better prepared, but they are all excited to meet their new cousin.

I've also been busy reading. I have trouble staying focused enough to read non-fiction sometimes, but I'm trying to push through it. I would like to be as prepared as I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment