Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fundraising!

As I am sure you can imagine, once you commit to adopting, you tend to think about it A LOT! This tends to make you spend a ton of time on the internet researching, joining different groups, planning what the child's room is going to look like, looking at photo-listings (even if you know that you won't be adopting one of the children on the photo-listings), learning more about the country you are adopting from etc. At least that's what it's done for me. My poor husband has to deal with a slightly obsessed woman right now!

Anyway, while spending all this extra time on the internet as I have been, I found out about Puzzle Fundraising, and I thought to my self, "Self, that's a pretty cool idea!" So that's what we are going to do!

So, for those of you who don't know what this could possibly be, let me explain. What will happen is we will decide what price to put on the individual puzzle pieces. Then generous people like yourself will purchase said piece. You or my husband and I, will write your name on the back of the puzzle piece. When the puzzle is complete we will hang it in our child's room so they can see all the wonderful people who helped them come home!

When I found out about this, I thought it was a fantastic idea! I've seen a wide range in what people asked for each piece, but since our adoption will not cost as much as what other's have to come up with, we are just asking $5 per piece. The money we collect, if we sell all the pieces, will help us with 1/2 the cost of our home study. So roughly $1200.  As we sell pieces, I will post pictures of the puzzle being completed.

Thank you so much for your kind donations. If you personally know us, we can arrange a meeting where you can actually pick out your pieces, and if you don't know us, there is a donation button at the top of this page. Also for those who feel extra generous and give larger amounts, I will let you pick out extra pieces! Remember this is going to help us pay for 1/2 of our home study, and will bring us one step closer to holding our child in our arms for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment